Welcome to 31 Decontra
At the heart of central Italy’s beautiful and mountainous region of Abruzzo lies the Majella National Park, rich with lush pastures, dramatic gorges, beech forests, crystal-clear streams and spectacular mountain peaks. It is home to abundant flora and fauna, and a number of fascinating medieval hermitages, frequented for over 1000 years by monks seeking solitude and tranquillity.
Tucked away within the Park is the tiny traditional village of Decontra, its rustic buildings surrounded by meadows and mountains, and perched at the lip of a great gorge. The beautifully restored cottage of 31 Decontra offers comfortable accommodation, simple furnishings, large gardens with terraces, and magnificent views.
If the purpose of your holiday is to explore somewhere new, to step back in time a little, to relax and unwind, to go for short strolls and long picnics with magnificent views, to sample the wonderful Italian food and wine of the region, or simply to get away from it all…you will certainly enjoy a stay at 31 Decontra, and return home feeling relaxed and rejuvenated.
At a Glance
- Delightful self-catering cottage in traditional Italian village
- In the heart of Abruzzo, 1 hour from Pescara, 2½ hours from Rome
- Large kitchen with dining area
- Sitting room
- Sleeps 6 people in 3 bedrooms – one with double bed, two with double/twin beds
- All rooms have magnificent mountain views
- Cot available for infant
- Two bathrooms both with bath and shower over
- Washing machine and tumble dryer
- Gardens with terraces, seating, and mountain views
- Excellent village restaurant a few minutes’ walk away